Last Updated on June 3, 2019 by Chris Stang
- RegenexBio (RGNX) and Novartis (NVS) just received FDA approval of Gene Therapy treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
- (SMA )Spinal Muscular Atrophy is a disease affecting the motor nerve cells in the spinal cord, taking awaythe ability to walk, eat, or breathe.
- Said to be the number one genetic cause of death for infants.
- According to a company’s filling, price tag for the treatment is $2.1 million.
- Product is called Zolgensma
Congrats to RegenxBio and Novartis for the huge accomplishment!
Disclaimer: I currently do not own any position in RGNX nor NVS. This is not advice to buy or sell please do your DD before investing.